The CopyIt Reference Manual is available on the iBookstore or as a PDF on the Support Website.
Used by artists such as Vincent Van Gogh and Leonardo Da Vinci, the grid drawing method has been brought to digital life with CopyIt! CopyIt assists you in copying, enlarging or reducing your chosen reference image using the grid drawing method. You do not even need to be artistic!
The grid drawing method has been used for centuries. It breaks images down into smaller work areas allowing you to focus on the actual lines and shapes within each square, rather than trying to draw the whole picture at once. You can't help but achieve with this method!
Using CopyIt as your reference object, it saves you from having to print your photos and ruin them by drawing grids over them, but unlike a real photo, it gives you the ability to zoom into the fine details. With a pencil, you then draw up a grid with the same number of squares using a separate medium, such as paper or canvas. Working square by square, you CopyIt!
Examples of the types of images that CopyIt can help you copy include photos, family portraits, house plans, logos, photos of paintings and drawings or anything you can display on your device!
If you want to draw an image larger or smaller than the original, the pencil-drawn grid should be drawn larger or smaller than the original grid on the device with the same amount of squares. All that matters is that the contents of each square are drawn to scale.
- Load, Save and Delete Projects
- 12 different image aspects
- Rotate the image in 90 degree increments
- Full support for the New iPad Retina display
- Export to Photo Album
- Export as an email
- Cameras are now supported if available - both front and back.
- Grid transparency is adjustable in 5% increments
- 5 different Grid Line thicknesses
- Solid or Dashed Guidelines
- A center point in each grid square
- Guideline colour can be set independently to Grid colour
- Audible feedback
- Universal App, compatible with iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
- Supports Retina Display.
- Fullscreen mode.
- CopyIt will resist entering standby while in use (if power-saving options are enabled).
- Set your Maximum Zoom level from x1 to x20.
- To maintain the grid visibility regardless of your photo, choose from 7 grid colors, Black (default), Gray, White, Red, Green, Blue and Yellow.
- Print directly to AirPrint compatible printers.
- Added Grid letters and numbers as an option (requested by studio artists).
- Added SmartMove™ as an option. Just touch a square once to zoom to that square and double tap to zoom back out.
- SmartMove™ takes advantage of your maximum zoom setting, never zooming in more than that amount.
- Target mode highlights the current square and dims the rest, helping you to focus your attention.
- SmartMove™ Left and Right arrows for moving through the grid in sequence (or you can just touch the square you want).
- Preset Grids for iPad: 16x12, 8x6 and 4x3 equal squares.
- Preset Grids for iPhone and iPod touch: 12x8, 6x4 and 3x2 equal squares.
- Guidelines: 1/4 and 1/16 to help you copy your subject.
- Columns, Rows and Pixels grid sizing options.
For detailed instructions on how to use CopyIt, what each button or control does please download the Reference Manual from the iBookstore or visit the support website at http://www.nigelgreensapps.com/copyit.php
You can also contact me on facebook or twitter.
www.facebook.com/nigelgreensapps or @NigelGreensApps
- Comprehensive In-App Help
- Onion Skin Feature
- Secondary Filters: Exposure, Blur, Sharpen, Vibrancy
- New Grid and Guideline colors: Orange and Magenta
- New Settings Options: Toggle sound, set a preferred maximum email size, 4 grid number formats to choose
- Export quality doubled for devices with Retina display